The 10th edition of the ‘Underfloor Heating Market Report – UK 2020-2024’ has been published by AMA Research. The report reviews one of the fastest-growing sectors of the UK heating industry, accounting for around 7.7% share by value in 2019. The report focuses on market size and trends, regulatory developments, product mix, industry supply, distribution and market prospects.
Key issues covered in the report include:
- Underfloor heating market – size, structure, key trends and influences, market prospects.
- Product sector review – product sector mix, water-based and electric UFH systems, UFH controls, etc.
- End-user applications – housebuilding, domestic RMI, self-build/custom-build housing, non-domestic applications, public sector applications, e.g. health and education.
- Supply and distribution – main suppliers and key distribution channels.
- Market forecasts – overall UFH market and for key product sectors.
Areas of Particular Interest include:
- Key market trends – market developments, key drivers influencing water-based and electric systems.
- Construction activity – new build housing, refurbishment activity, non-domestic output, etc.
- Influence of non-domestic sectors – in particular, the healthcare and education sectors.
- Supply chain review – analysis of key players, other suppliers, as well as leading distribution sectors.
- Market forecasts to 2024 – analysis of the key factors affecting future industry direction, including regulatory developments such as revisions to Part L, Future Homes Standard.
Some of the companies included:
Wavin, Warmafloor, Polypipe, Warmup, John Guest Speedfit, Nu-Heat, Danfoss with the DEVI brand, Purmo Group UK, Myson, Emmeti, Vogel & Noot, Rehau, Heat Mat, Flexel International, ProWarm, Thermogroup, Kilma, Google, British Gas, Allbright UK, Anderson Floor Warming, Chelmer Heating Solutions, Continental Underfloor, Domoteck, Ebeco, Elekra UK, Emmeti UK, Ezewatm, Floor HEating Systems, Flowcrete UK, Gaia Climate Solutions, Glacomini UK, Glen Dimplex UK, Grant Engineering UK, Heatstore, Honeywell, Intatec, Jupiter Heating Systems, Levante Products, LK International, Magnum Heating, Maincor, Omnie, Pedarson, Pipelife Ireland, Rayotec, Robbens Systems, THermo-Floor UK, Timoleon, Uponor, Vent-Axia Group, Watts Industies UK, DK Heating Systems (trading as The Floor Warming Company), IndECO, IPPEC Systems, Living Heat, Mercury Heating Solutions, Multipipe, Philex, Radiant Heating Solutions, Reid Underfloor Heating, Speedheat UK, Tailored Heat, Thermogroup (trading as ThermoSphere), Thermohouse UK, UK Underfloor Heating, Underfloor Heating Systems, Underfloor Solutions, UFH UK (trading as Vysal), QEP Co. UK (trading as Vitrex Floorwarm), Warmfloor Solutions, Warmfloors.
The Underfloor Heating Market
- Underfloor Heating market – analysis by value from 2015-2019, with forecasts to 2024, key characteristics of this market. Impact of Brexit on the performance of the market – market trends and major factors influencing market development.
- Market Development – Overall heating market, share taken by underfloor heating, growth of the market, influence of renewables, floorcoverings, design trends etc., development across the end-use sectors.
- Growing awareness and influence of other drivers such as floorcoverings, interior design, building methods etc., and how these may influence the market in the short to medium term.
- Product Mix – breakdown of the product mix by sector, split by water-based and electric UFH systems by end-use application (domestic and non-domestic).
- Market infrastructure – Supply and distribution – key channels, supplier review and assessment of the contractor sector.
- Review of key distribution channels, distribution to end users and contractors, domestic and non-domestic distribution by major product group, strengths & weaknesses including direct, merchants, heating specialists, electrical wholesalers, home improvement multiples, tile specialists, online retailers etc.
- End Use Applications
- Market mix by application – private housing, social housing, custom-build/self-build housing, non-domestic applications.
- Analysis of housing market – new build, domestic RMI, mix of completions, house moving activity, etc.
- Custom-build housing – market size and trends, regulatory developments, prospects.
- Other applications, e.g. domestic conservatories, wetrooms – market size and trends, prospects.
- Non-domestic applications – healthcare and education sectors, other non-domestic uses – key trends, issues and prospects.
- Analysis of key product sectors – product mix for 2015-2019 and forecasts up to 2024.
- Electric underfloor heating – cable systems, heating mats, heating foil systems.
- Water-based underfloor heating – key components, retrofit varieties.
- Underfloor heating controls – thermostats, manifolds, actuators, ‘smart’ controls, etc.
- Key channels – Home improvement multiples, merchants, heating specialists, online retailers, etc.
- Company profiles – financial performance, merger and acquisition activity, recent new product innovations, etc.