- Housing Association completions were down by around 3% in 2016-17.
- Around 68% of social housing completions in 2016-17 were for affordable rent, an increase of around 40% on completions in the previous year.
- Going forward, social housing completions are expected to increase by around 2% per annum to 2021-22.
- Total expenditure on housing association repair and maintenance is expected to decline to around £2.8bn by 2022.
- Under the London Affordable Homes Programme 2016-2021, the Greater London Authority has secured £3.15bn to start building at least 90,000 new affordable homes.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Social Housing Construction & Maintenance Market Report – UK 2018-2022‘ available for purchase now.