- Demand for warehousing floor-space across all regions is strong with take-up rising by 25%.
- Contractors output in the warehouse market is estimated to have risen by 10% in 2018.
- Demand for well-located, high quality warehouse space remains strong in 2018-2019 as retailer, e-tailers and third party logistics operators respond to the growing e-commerce sector.
- Demand for ‘mid box’ units (50,000 sq ft to 99,999 sq ft) remained popular in 2018.
- In some regions, there has been a resumption of speculative development, weighted towards the East and West Midlands and South East.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Warehouse & Storage Construction Market Report UK 2019-2023’ available for purchase now.