- Overall growth for wood floorcoverings between 2012 and 2016 was 9%, with a modest 2% increase estimated for 2017.
- Continuation of the trend for mid-upper market products, particularly for 2nd generation installations, and further reduction of the lower value sector.
- Laminates account for the largest product sector with value growth in recent years underpinned by value added products such as slip and water-resistant products.
- The rationalisation of production facilities away from the UK to lower cost countries by larger global players has been a critical factor in the increasing role of imports to the UK market.
- Annual gains of 2-3% are currently forecast for wood floorcoverings to 2021.
These facts have been extracted from the ‘Wood and Laminate Floorcoverings Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.