The 13th Edition of the Facilities Management Outsourcing Report – UK 2020-2024 has been published by AMA Research. Incorporating original input and primary research, the report contains analysis of the FM outsourcing market, segmentation and future trends and analysis of the industry’s leading players.
Key content covered in the report
- Multi-Service Provision in the UK FM Outsourcing Market – size, recent trends and key influences, forecasts and development to 2024.
- Analysis by Key End-Use Sector – review of corporate, central/local government and health and education FM industries – market size, overall product mix within each sector, trends and influences.
- Market Structure – review of market structure, major groups, company profiles, recent contract wins, anticipated future developments.
- Key Market Influences – analysis of recent construction trends, government financing models and regulatory developments.
Some of the companies in this report:
Amey UK, Anabas Facilities Management, Apleona HSG Ltd, Aramark Limited, Arcadis, Arcus FM, Atalian Servest Ltd, Babcock International Group Plc, BAM Facilities Management, Bellrock Property & Facilities Management, Bouygues Energies & Services, Capita Group Plc, CBRE, Deloitte, Compass Group UK & Ireland Ltd, Elior UK PLC, Emcor UK, Engie UK, Eric Wright Group Ltd, Facility Services Group, G4S Facilities Management, Gardiner & Theobald LLP, Imtech Inviron, Incentive FM, Integral UK Ltd, Interserve Ltd, ISS Facility Services Ltd, Kier Group, Mace Macro Ltd, Mapeley Estates Ltd, Mears Group Plc, Mitie Plc, NG Bailey & Co Ltd, Norse Group, OCS Group Ltd, Petrofac FM Ltd, Pinnacle PSG, Places for People Leisure, RM Property & Facilities Solutions Ltd, Robertson Group, Rydon Maintenance, Serco Group Plc, Skanska UK Plc, Sodexo Ltd, Sodexo Ltd, Telereal Trillium, Turner Facilities Management Ltd, Vinci Construction UK Ltd, Volker Fitzpatrick, Wilson James
Areas of particular interest
- Market development in 2015-20 – driven by the trend towards more bundled/TFM contracts, greater scrutiny of performance, emergence of more partnership and collaborative arrangements between suppliers and clients.
- Development of more niche services including merging of FM and IT functions, greater prevalence of IT and technological solutions to improve delivery of FM services and reduce costs.
- Influence of Covid-19 on outsourcing and FM activity, including development of more specialist cleaning services, greater penetration of home working in key sectors and changing workplace patterns.
- Industry supply – market structure, key company profiles and contract wins.
- Market prospects to 2024 – including a review of key market drivers and influences.
- UK FM outsourcing market, market definition, overview of market size by value, recent and current situation 2015-2019 with estimates for 2020, recent market performance, factors underpinning demand and value growth.
- Key market influences – including recent construction output, regulatory developments, Government financing decisions, impact of Covid-19 and impact of technological advances.
- End-user market mix – including Corporate (e.g. commercial offices, retail, leisure/recreation, manufacturing, energy and transport/infrastructure), Central & Local Government and Health/Education.
- Market prospects – market developments by sector, future Government spending plans, anticipated construction output and forecast trends up to 2024.
- Analysis of FM market mix by service provision – cleaning, security, catering, building maintenance and energy management.
- Analysis of FM market mix by broad end-user sector – Corporate. Central & Local Government and Healthcare/Education.
- Corporate FM market 2015-2024 – sector performance and trends, e.g. homeworking and anticipated demand for commercial offices, growth of online shopping and betting, rationalization within the pub and restaurant sectors, etc. Analysis of sub-sectors, i.e. commercial offices, retail, leisure/entertainment, manufacturing, energy and transport infrastructure.
- Central & Local Government FM market 2015-2024 – sector performance and trends, e.g. predicted growth of the social housing sector, winding down of PFI schemes, ongoing shrinkage of the government estate, use of Local
- Authority Trading Companies (LATCs) to perform FM services.
- Health & Education FM market 2015-2024 – sector performance and trends, e.g. recent construction output, more use of online methods for healthcare and education provision, anticipated demand for more care homes, budgetary pressures and spending plans.
Supply and Distribution
- Market structure – origins of the FM industry, expansion and distribution of service provision, consolidation, recent merger and acquisition activity and impact of Carillion’s collapse.
- Key company profiles – including turnover size, areas of specialization, recent corporate activity and major contract wins.