We do not sell or exchange confidential customer information with anyone else, and we share relevant information only with those parties entrusted with the processing of our account and the fulfilment of your orders. We have established procedures to protect your privacy, and uphold them vigorously. These are:
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our visitors share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver a superior service, which includes advising our customers and potential customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
- We will permit only authorised employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our privacy promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal customer information to any external organisation unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreement, have been authorised by the customer, or are required by law.
- We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information.
- We will not share externally any personally identifiable information for any purpose other than the administration of a customer's account, or as disclosed to the customer when the information is collected, or to which the customer consents.
- We will continuously assess ourselves to ensure that customer privacy is respected.
2. Information we collect from you
We ask for personal information;
- a) When you complete our enquiry form
- b) When you order products or services
- c) When you sign up to our newsletter
- d) When you register on our customer portal
- e) As an authorised user belonging to an organisation that has access to AMA Research's subscription service.
By providing the details requested, you enable AMA Research to provide you with the services you select. Information you may be asked to provide includes certain information about yourself such as your name, company name, postal address and email address, and in some cases, transaction details and debit or credit card information. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. We may keep copies of any correspondence received via email or post.
We do not require you to register in order to view information on our website or to purchase our products, however, we collect certain information about your usage of our website as well as our customer portal via third parties.
Our website tracks visits to our website using Google Analytics. Information collected includes, but is not limited to, traffic data including pages visited, operating system, browser usage, access times etc.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text that are stored to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. On your further visits to that website, the information stored in the cookie is sent back to the website. This allows the website to recognise you and tailor its content to your needs.
For the e-commerce solution on our website, cookies help track what products you have added to the basket for purchase and allow you to efficiently complete your purchase of our services. When you close your browser, these cookies are deleted.
Cookies are used, on the customer portal only, to tailor your experience. For instance, cookies permit you to navigate around search results, view the results most relevant to you and to set language or website content preferences.
These cookies are used to securely identify you on our customer portal and to ensure that your usage complies with your license to use our paid subscription services. When you access AMA Research Interactive, we track what information individuals access in order to enable reporting on the amount and type of information that users access. We might also use this information to highlight reports that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the site. This affects customers only when logged into their account, and no opt-out is available.
We currently do not track social media visits.
Behaviourally Targeted Advertising Cookies
We do not display targeted third party advertising on our website or customer portal.
You can find up-to-date information clearly explaining how to control, opt out or delete cookies on your computer at www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org . To control or delete cookies on your mobile phone, please refer to your handset manufacturer's help manual.
4. Usage of Personal Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To keep you informed, via newsletters or special offers, of other AMA Research products or services that we feel may be of interest to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website or customer portal, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- To notify you of new reports added to your account.
- To personalise your experience.
If you are a previous or existing customer, we may contact you with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We may also use your details to contact you for your views on our services. You may opt out of these messages at any time by emailing email@example.com or using the opt-out tool at the bottom of our email communications.
AMA Research records all incoming and outgoing calls for quality and training purposes. We reserve the right to store and listen to these telephone recordings.
When using your personal information AMA Research will act in accordance with current legislation, The Data Protection Act 1998 and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Third Party Use of Your Information
When you buy something from us, your information is stored on our system in order to complete the buying process. We record information about your purchases so that we and you can keep track of what you've ordered directly on our website, and in case we need to contact you about your questions and/or your orders. We do not, however, store your card details. Your payment details must be shared with an outside party in order to verify your payment card information and process the payment.
Because our service provider(s) may be based overseas, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing. We protect all customer data against unauthorised access and take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure our service providers do likewise. We and they use secure technology, privacy protection controls and restrictions on employee access to safeguard your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal and non-personal information to third parties in cases where we are legally required to do so, or in order to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Access to Your Information and Opting Out
You have a right to access the personal information held about you or to obtain a copy of it. Except in limited circumstances, we will provide you with access to the personal information it holds about you on request. You may also ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us via email.
If you no longer wish to receive updates, newsletters or promotional offers from us, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by either following the directions in the email, or by sending an email with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information you submit to our website is sent to any third party service providers through a 'secure session' established with SSL. This technology encrypts your account information before it is sent, making it virtually impossible for anyone other than AMA Research to read it. We also offer the option to order over the phone to further minimise the risk of disclosure.
However, unfortunately transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, any transmission of such data is therefore at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
7. Contact Information
- AMA Research Ltd
- Montpellier House
- Montpellier Drive
- GL50 1TY
- United Kingdom
Last updated: April 2018.