5 Key Facts – Transport Infrastructure Construction & Refurbishment Market Report
1. Transport infrastructure grew by almost 46% in 2018.
2. The transport infrastructure sector is largely driven by public sector funding.
3. Output growth is forecast to be highest within rail sub-sectors between 2019 and 2023.
4. Roads and railways dominate transport construction new work output.
5. Top contractors within the transport construction sector include BAM Nuttall, VolkerRail and JVR Kier & VolkerFitzpatrick,
A Quote from the Editor Michelle Turner:
“London and the South East dominate the regional transport construction market pipeline into 2023 and beyond, however a boost of contract awards into the East of England, Yorkshire & the Humber in 2018/19 indicate a need to address transport infrastructure elsewhere in the UK. A positive move within a growing and valuable sub-sector of the UK construction industry.”