Bathroom Market Report Definitions
Do you need to know exactly what is and isn’t covered in our Bathroom Market Report before you commit to a purchase? Take a look at our definitions to help guide your decision.
Product sectors covered in the report specifically include:
- Baths & sanitaryware
- Taps & mixers
- Bathroom accessories
- Bathroom furniture
- Whirlpool & spa systems
Specifically excluded are shower products (controls, enclosures, screens & trays, accessories, fittings etc.) that are covered in the AMA Research report – Shower Market UK; wetroom products (floor formers, wetroom panels, drainage products, waterproofing kits etc.) that are covered in the AMA Research report – Wetroom Market UK and bathroom equipment used in bathroom and shower-room pods that are covered in the AMA Research report – Bathroom & Kitchen Pods Market UK.
It should be emphasised that installation costs, maintenance, spare parts and aftermarket activities are also excluded from our market estimates.
Baths & sanitaryware
The market sub-sector – baths & sanitaryware, as defined in this report covers:
- Wash basins and pedestals
- WC suites (including pans, cisterns, & urinals)
- Bidets & shower toilets
Please note that the report analysis does not include installation frames for wall-hung WC pans and wash basins.
Taps and mixers
The market sub-sector – taps & mixers, as defined in this report covers:
- Basin taps & mixers
- Bath taps & mixers,
- Bath/shower mixers
- Bidet taps & mixers
- Kitchen sink taps & mixers
Please note that the report analysis does not include under basin/bath thermostatic mixing valves (TMVs) and kitchen water systems (i.e., boiling water taps).
The market sub-sector – bathroom accessories, as defined in this report covers:
- Fittings – toilet roll holders, towel rails, soap dishes, toothbrush holders, toilet brushes etc.
- Heated towel warmers
- Toilet seats
- Mirrors, scales
- Bath panels
Please note that cabinets and vanity units are included under the bathroom furniture section. Shower accessories such as shower kits, shower seats, curtains and showerheads are excluded.
The market sub-sector – bathroom furniture, as defined in this report covers:
- Stand-alone bathroom furniture, which is designed to be freestanding or wall-hung and is not normally attached to the piece next to it. For example, a cabinet or vanity unit.
- Modular bathroom furniture, which is similar to stand-alone furniture but have flat sides so that pieces can be added together to make a line of furniture. The work surface forms an integral part of the furniture unit and an open-base design is common in this sector.
- Fully fitted bathroom furniture, which is similar to modular but has a range of units and additional items to ensure that it can be fitted wall to wall and finished with a plinth and work surface.
- There are many types of bathroom furniture units available which may be either floor-standing or wall-mounted. These may be described as basin units or vanity units; wall-hung cabinets; base cabinets; side cabinets; sideboards; WC units; low units; shelving units; tower units; tall cabinets; storage columns; mirrored cabinets etc.
Whirlpool & spa systems
The market sub-sector – whirlpool & spa systems, as defined in this report covers:
- Whirlpool systems, which pump water into the bath by blowing it through a number of jets, usually positioned at the side of the bath. This provides an effective force as well as recycling water at a constant temperature.
- Spa systems, which blow air only into the bath either through the side or the bottom of the bath. Non-return valves are used with the jets to prevent water being taken back into the pipes.
- Many companies now offer a combination of water and air systems, which for the purposes of this report are defined as whirlpools.
- This report focuses only on products used in the bathroom. It includes whirlpool and spa systems that are sold integrally with the bath or as kit systems. Mats laid into the bath that produce bubbles are excluded from this analysis.
- KBB Industry Performance in 2024 – What can we expect?
- Commercial and Industrial Doors and Shutters Product Guide
- 5 Insights into Panelised Building Market Trends
- A Guide to the Products Featured in the Bricks, Blocks and Precast Concrete Market Report
- Electric Vehicle Charging Market Facts 2023-2027