- After relatively high levels of growth in 2015 and 2016, demand for building boards eased off in 2017 due to slowing down in construction activity, reaching an estimated value of £1.1bn.
- Rigid polymer insulation boards account for around 50% of the total building boards market, by value.
- There are just three manufacturers of plasterboards dominating the UK market, with the largest of these accounting for an estimated 50% of the market.
- Steady growth of 3% per annum is forecast to 2020, reflecting modest forecast growth for overall construction notwithstanding the impacts of ‘Brexit.
- A key underlying driver for building boards is the ongoing need for accelerated housing development, in particular Affordable Housing.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Building Boards Market Report – UK 2018-2022‘ available for purchase now.