Trend Highlights from the Latest Wall Cladding Market Report - AMA Research

Future of UK Wall Cladding: Market Projections and Emerging Trends

The latest ‘Wall Cladding Market Report – UK 2024-2028’ reveals that demand is highly influenced by construction output, both new build and RMI work for private & public housing and non-residential applications. The market is also driven by technological developments, sustainability trends, also the adoption of offsite construction methods that save on installation time, reduce building costs and carbon emissions.

To celebrate the launch of the report, we have shared 5 key trends and highlights below.

Market Value

By 2028, the UK wall cladding market is forecast to be worth around 57.2 million m² by area installed, representing an annual growth rate of 3-5% over the period 2024-2028. This is a considerable increase as 2020 numbers were only expected to achieve an estimated 40.6 million m2 in 2020. This equates to a market value of almost £1.3bn, measured in terms of manufacturers selling prices (MSP).

Key Drivers

The construction industry is a key driver of demand for wall cladding products & systems, both through new build and RMI activity. Residential housing currently has around 75% share of the total UK wall cladding market, with non-residential applications accounting for the remaining 25%.

Product Mix

Facing bricks dominate the product mix, with around 66% share of the market by area installed. Product development has more recently been focused upon the manufacture of bricks with a lower environmental impact.

Market Share

Rainscreens are the fastest growing product sector, with around 10% share of the UK wall cladding market by area installed. Demand has been driven by increased levels of retrofitting on apartment blocks and offices. There is also a growing awareness of the need to protect external building structures from more extreme weather conditions.

Distribution

Wall cladding products & systems are distributed via a range of channels, of which builders’ merchants and specialist trade distributors remain the most significant. However, supply chain issues within the last few years have increased the appeal of direct supply from the manufacturer to housebuilders, installers and commercial developers.

Categories
Archives
Share

Trusted by industry leaders

Use our market-leading construction intelligence to grow your business pipeline, win more work and secure more orders

Early access to project leads with Barbour ABI
Be found by key industry decision makers
Stay ahead of critical trends with AMA Research

01242 235724
(Office hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm)
sales@amaresearch.co.uk

AMA Research, a Barbour ABI Limited Company
5th Floor
133 Houndsditch
London
EC3A 7BX

Ask us anything

Our market research experts are on hand to answer your questions and help you choose the right reports for your business needs.


Call us on 01242 235724 or request a callback for a free consultation with an AMA Research Expert






    By using this form you agree that your data will be processed and protected in line with our Privacy Policy.

    Upcoming Report

    Please notify me when this upcoming report becomes available.

      Get in touch with our team

      If you have a question regarding any of our publications or subscriptions, or would like a quote for a bespoke research project, you can contact us by completing the form below.