Passive Fire Protection – 5 Key Facts
The passive fire protection market is made up of several sectors, namely fire-resistant doors, fittings and intumescent seals, cables, partitions and suspended ceilings, glass, structural protection and ductwork and damper systems. During 2020, however, market value is expected to suffer a major downturn due to Covid-19 and the accompanying adverse effects upon construction activity, economic outlook and business confidence.
5 Key Facts for the Passive Fire Protection Market:
- The market is forecast to decrease in value terms by 9% during 2020, due to Covid-19 and its effect upon construction output and business investment.
- Between 2021 and 2025, the market is expected to return to growth, rising by more than 11% in value terms.
- Fire resistant doors, fittings and intumescent seals are the market’s largest sector, accounting for 54% of sales in 2019.
- Timber varieties account for 57% of the market for fire doors, although recent growth rates have been higher within the steel sector.
- Between 2020 and 2024, sales of fire-resistant ductwork and dampers are forecast to increase by almost 17%.
Michelle Turner, Editor of the Passive Fire Market Report states:
“Positive performance in key end use sectors pre-2020 helped bring a spurt of growth to the Passive Fire Market. These same end use sectors are now experiencing detrimental effects as a result of COVID-19 and investment has tightened. Supported by the very need of the products found within this market, and driven by further calls for tighter legislation and stricter accountabilities as a result of the ‘Hackitt Review’, the Passive Fire Market looks set to remain relatively strong as fire safety remains paramount, helping to keep the boat steady in such adverse conditions.”