AMA Research has published the 6th edition of its Care Home Construction Market report, which contains an in-depth analysis of current and future building activity in the residential and nursing care home market, including both private and not-for-profit sectors.
Key Issues Covered in the Report
- Market analysis & drivers – structure and size of the existing care home market, population and health trends, impact of Covid-19 and review of emerging sectors (e.g. extra care facilities).
- Contracts awarded and pipeline – review of planning applications for 2020, as well as forthcoming pipeline of development by region.
- Industry supply – in-depth review of private and voluntary/not-for-profit care home operators, as well as relevant building contractors.
Some of the companies featured in this report:
Lawrence Baker, HC-One, Advinia Health Care, Maria Mallaband Care Group, Seddon Construction, Inspired Villages, Audley Group, Rangeford Holdings Ltd, Choice Care Ltd, Churchill Retirement Living, Rainier Developments, Redrow Homes Ltd, Thames Health Campus, Frontier Estates Ltd, LNT Care Developments, McCarthy & Stone Retirement Lifestyles Ltd, Castleoak Care Developments Ltd, Bryant Services Inc., Castlehaven Care Ltd, Prime Life Ltd , Perseus Land & Developments Ltd, Tanglewood Health Care, Private Medicare Ltd, Tamar Care Home Society, Salix Homes, Applethwaite Homes, Morrison Community Care, Cinnamon Retirement Living, Grosvenor Estate Belgravia, Allerton Group, Aspire Housing Ltd, Haigh Developments Ltd, Padda Care Ltd,
Areas of Particular Interest
- Healthcare construction – new work and RMI levels within the healthcare sector for 2016-2025, as well as contractor developments and government investment plans.
- Planning applications and contracts – overall number and regional segmentation, as well as existing pipeline and investment and development plans.
- Care home costs and funding – review of existing models of finance, analysis of major operational costs and private/public sector funding.
KEY AREAS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- Overview of care homes market size by value, number of care homes and bed spaces
- Recent market performance – openings, closures, resident population, impact on the market of Covid-19.
- Factors underpinning demand – UK demographic trends, growing prevalence of dementia and need for more specialist outlets.
- Market polarization – growing gap between self-pay market and fees paid by local authorities.
Construction & Funding
- Construction – new work output and RMI for healthcare between 2016-2025.
- Care home development pipeline – planning applications, recent contracts awarded, regional pipeline of activity.
- Greater private investment, proposed government changes to social care funding, growing costs for care home operators.
- Forthcoming changes to UK care home stock – projected expansion rates, regional growth areas and hotspots, changes in unit sizes and prospects for private vs public sectors.
- Design trends – incorporation of more amenities and facilities, larger and more spacious care homes, greater utilization of digital technology.
- Extra care sector – anticipated growth of this sector, development opportunities and potential increase in capacity.
Supply and Distribution
- Major care home operators – private/independent operators and voluntary organizations, including information on recent projects/developments, financial results and corporate and market activity.
- Private financing and investment funds – analysis of investors in the care home industry, such as private equity firms, hedge fund operators, real estate companies, etc.
- Key building contractors – major players active in the care home construction industry, including information on recent projects won/completed, corporate activity and financial performance.