Key areas of insight include:
- Thorough review of the structure of the sector.
- Regional analysis incorporating estimated regional market size and leading contractors.
- The impact of energy efficient products and the renewable energy market.
- Key legislation and regulations affecting the market.
- Analysis of leading electrical contracting firms and recent mergers and acquisitions.
- Profitability analysis.
- Detailed market data and insight on the electrical contractors market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Amey UK, Arthur McKay & Co, Balfour Beatty Group, Bancroft, Boulting Group, Briggs & Forrester Group, CBRE Managed Services, Clarkson Evans, Crown House Technologies, Derry Building Services, Dodd Group, Emcor Group (UK) Plc, Engie FM Limited, Essex Services Group, FES, Halsall Electrical, Integral UK, Interserve, Laing O’Rourke Services, Lorne Stewart, Michael Lonsdale limited, Mitie Technical FM, MJ Quinn Integrated Services, NG Bailey Ltd, NIE Network Services, Phoenix ME, Power On Connections, Quartzelec, Shepherd Engineering Services (Wates Group), Skanska Rashleigh Weatherfoil, SPIE UK, SSE Enterprise Contracting, T Clarke, UK Power Network Services (Commercial), etc.
Key areas in the report:
- Definition and market overview – distinction between M&E and electrical contractors.
- Market Performance – market size in value terms, growth levels 2014-2023.
- Key trends – consolidation, energy efficiency, integration and outsourcing. Key factors for market development.
- Market Prospects – market size and growth projections to 2023, where the market is headed and why.
- Market Mix – share of newbuild versus RMI.
Market Trends and Influences
- Review of past, current and future non-domestic construction activity in UK.
- Analysis of current and forecast housing market activity – value, starts and completions.
- Information about legislation and changes to standards affecting the market.
- Outline of carbon reduction targets and green energy requirements – analysis of the renewable energy sector.
- Review of current and future product development opportunities.
- Market Size – number of businesses, number of employees.
- Sector Profile – breakdown by turnover, no of employees, age of business and revenue.
- Service Review – standard services, additional services and growing sectors.
- Profitability Analysis – average profit margin development between 2007 and 2017.
- Overview and regional shares for electrical contracting and construction output, by region.
- Estimated electrical contracting output by value, in each region, covering 2016-2018 with forecasts to 2023.
- Profile of each region – number of employees in electrical trades, market value.
- Leading regional players – brief description and turnover figures.
- Market Share – relative size of leading companies involved in the electrical contracting market.
- Contractor Profiles – extensive section providing company overview, recent acquisitions, turnover and profit figures for companies within the £250m+, £100m+ and £30m+ brackets.
- Corporate Activity – review of major mergers & acquisitions, company failures.
- Procurement Review – covering sub-contracting, contract procurement, materials purchasing and distribution channels.