Distribution channels reviewed include:
- Specialist e-tailers.
- Electrical wholesalers.
- Catalogue/ electronic component distributors.
- Home improvement retailers.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Changing distribution shares – within electrical products overall and within online sales.
- Trends within e-commerce.
- Analysis of individual distribution channels.
- Preferences and buying patterns among contractors and installers.
- Analysis of individual product sectors.
- Detailed market data and insight on the electrical products distribution market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Amey UK, Arthur McKay & Co, Balfour Beatty Group, Bancroft, BEW Electrical Distributors, Boulting Group, Briggs & Forrester Group, CBES, City Electrical Factors (CEF), Clarkson Evans, Crown House Technologies, Denmans, Edmundson Electrical (Marlowe Holdings Electricbase, Emcor Group (UK) Plc, Engie Services Limited, ERF Electrical Wholesalers, Essex Services Group, Express Electrical Distributors, Eyre & Elliston, FES, Gibbs & Dandy, Halsall Electrical, HE Simm & Sons, Holland House Electrical Company, Integral UK, Interserve, Kew Electrical, Laing O’Rourke Services, Lorne Stewart, Dodd Group, MacLean Electrical Group, Medlock Electrical Distributors, Michael Lonsdale limited, MJ Quinn Integrated Services, Moss Electrical, Newey & Eyre, NG Bailey Ltd, NIE Network Services, Norland Managed Services, Parmley Graham, Phoenix ME (previously Phoenix Electrical), Power On Connections, Quartzelec, Rexel Group, R&M Electrical Group, Screwfix ( Kingfisher Group), Routeco, Shepherd Engineering Services (Wates Group), Skanska Rashleigh Weatherfoil, SPIE UK, SSE Contracting, Stearn Electric Company, T Clarke, TLC Electrical Supplies, UK Power Network Services (Commercial), UK Power Network Services (Contracting), WF Senate, Wilts Wholesale, Your Electrical Supplies, Service and Solutions (YESSS)
Supply chain & channel share for electrical products
- Share by value of the major distribution channels within the electrical products market in 2016 and review of recent and projected changes to distribution market share.
- Analysis of the major distribution channels in terms of value, market trends, strengths and weaknesses. Also reviewed are company profiles within each sector and sub sector. The sectors covered are:
- E-tailers both specialist electrical distributors and more general retailers.
- Electrical wholesaler market performance, key characteristics etc.
- Builders’ merchants market performance, characteristics and key players.
- Home improvement multiples market performance and leading companies.
- Direct distribution.
- Other trade and retail including electronic component distributors, super distributors, pre-ackers, specialist retailers and grocery multiples.
UK market for online distribution of electrical products
- Total market for electrical products distributed via the internet – analysis of size by value, historical trends and market characteristics.
- Forecasts to 2021 of the growth of internet distribution in the electrical industry.
- Some characteristics of the online and mobile ordering sector, with some contractor views and opinions on internet usage, also barriers to growth of this area.
- Review of key market influences including general trends in e-commerce and mobile access, trends in research and social networking, digital shopping, expansion of click & collect and other online shopping trends.
- Overall Electrical Products Market Size 2012-2016 and forecast through to 2021.
- Total Product Mix 2016 By Value with product sectors including Lighting, Electrical Accessories, Security & Fire, Electric Heating, Ventilation, Renewables, Tools and Equipment, Data Networking materials, domestic appliances etc.
- Market size and key trends and influences impacting on the individual market sectors, with observations and comment on the trends and outlook in each of the key sectors.â€¢ Product mix within key individual sectors.
- Distribution mix of individual product sectors.
- Top electrical contractors in the UK, profiles of the leading contractors.
- Some procurement practices of electrical contractors.