Areas of particular interest:
- Growing demand for inclusive bathroom and kitchen products as the population ages and the number of people with disabilities increase.
- The number of multi-generational households in the UK is also increasing.
- In the inclusive bathrooms sector, wetrooms and walk-in level access showering areas will progressively replace baths.
- Inclusive bathroom and kitchen products have become much more aesthetically pleasing.
- Around half a million UK households lack the home adaptations that they need. Almost half of these home adaptations are for bathroom or kitchen areas.
- Inclusive kitchens are predominantly used by wheelchair users and will be custom-built solutions tailored specifically to the homeowner’s requirements.
- Detailed market data and insight on the inclusive bathroom and kitchen products market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Abacus Healthcare, Able Access UK, Absolute Mobility, AKW, Aqua Padding, Aquability, ASM Medicare, Astor Bannerman, Bathex, Bemis, Bristan Group, Carron Bathrooms, Celmac, Chiltern Invadex, Contour Showers, Croydex, Design Matters, Easibathe, Franke Sissons, Gainsborough Baths, Geberit UK, Gordon Ellis, Grohe, Hafele UK, Home Independence Services, Howden Joinery, Ideal Standard UK, Impey Showers, Independent Bathing Company, Intatec, Keuco, Kingkraft, Kohler Mira, Lakes Bathrooms, Laufen, Lecico, Magnet Trade, Methven UK, Moores Furniture Group, Mountway, N&C Phlexicare, Nationwide Mobility, Neaco, NymasPDS Hygiene, Pegler Yorkshire Group, Pland Stainless, Practical Bathing, Premier Care in Bathing, Pressalit Care, Procare, RAK Ceramics UK, Redring, Regency Adapted Kitchens, Renaissance Baths, Rise and Lower Company, Rixonway Kitchens, Roca, Scanflex, Softley Kitchens, Sunrise Medical, Sync Living, The Symphony Group, Total Hygiene, Triton Showers, Twyford Bathrooms, VitrA UK, Whale Pumps, and more.
- Overall market size by value, rates of change, current trends and market prospects, key criteria of influence etc. Forecasts through to 2022.
- Social and demographic trends, ageing population – including growth of population in 65+ age category, numbers who are age 85+, proportion of elderly people living alone, life expectancy trends, demand for home adaptations by type, multi-generational living etc.
- Disabled population – statistics and trends, care in the community, Disabled Facilities Grant, Better Care Fund etc.
- Legislative changes – including Document Part M and Document Part G requirements, BEAB Care Mark, RNIB Approved Product, The Care Act etc.
- Application mix – end-use sectors, e.g. residential and non-residential applications.
- Residential – including housing stock and new housing, private housing, social housing, housing for older and disabled people, residential and nursing homes.o Non-residential – including overall performance and forecasts, health, education, entertainment and leisure sectors etc.
- Overall product mix – by value and share 2017.
- Product issues – safety, restricted bending and reach, limited hand dexterity, visual clarity, memory, size and weight etc.
- Key design trends by bathroom product sector – importance of safety features, thermostatic control, Doc M requirements, shift towards wetroom solutions and walk-in showering areas, movement towards more stylish shapes, ergonomic designs for ease of use, digital technology, hygiene concerns etc.
- Key design trends by kitchen product sector – importance of the layout in kitchen design, bespoke design, automatic rise & fall units, remote sensor operated taps and mixers, shallow depth sinks, large/deep storage drawers, linear induction hobs, ‘slide and hide’ ovens etc.
Supply and Distribution
- Market shares of leading inclusive bathroom and kitchen product manufacturers.
- Review and analysis of leading suppliers, including company profile, turnover, key product areas etc. Summary of 50+ other specialist suppliers.
- Distribution structure – direct sales, merchants/distributors, other channels of supply.
- Key channels, e.g. direct sales – including specialists who supply direct, services offered; Merchants/Distributors – key companies, brands supplied etc. Other channels – Home improvement multiples, mail order catalogues, online retailers.