Areas of particular interest include:
- Analysis of the impact of Brexit on the commercial office market, with demand for office space from the banking/financial sectors weakening in Central London. Brexit uncertainty has also impacted on developer willingness to invest in large projects with speculative development rates slowing.
- Regional development trends, the shortage of Grade A office space in some major cities and an overview of major developments.
- A review of the key issues affecting the commercial office market including: Planning Issues; the London Plan; Permitted Development Rights (PDR); impact of Business Rates Revaluation in 2021 on office rents; the impact of Transport Infrastructure schemes on office development; sustainability in office design; office construction costs; and modern methods of construction.
Some of the companies included:
Abstract Securities, ADP, AHH Construction, AHR,Allies & Morrison, Argent, Arup, Aukett Swanke, Balfour Beatty, BAM, Barlow Interiors, Barnwood Interiors, BDP, Beck Interiors, Bowmer & Kirkland, 8Build, Bridgford Interiors, British Land, Broadway, Brookfield Properties, Buro Happold, BW Interiors, Byrne Group, Canary Wharf Contractors, Clark Contracts, Collins Construction, Como Interiors, Derwent London, 3D Reid, Eric Parry, Eric Wright Group, Faulkner Browns, Feilden Clegg Bradley, Foggo Associates, Frogmore, Galliford Try, Glenn Howells, Graham Interiors, Great Portland Estates, Grimshaw, Grosvenor, Havelock Europa, Heron International, Hines, HKR, HLM Architects, HOK, Hurst Group, Interserve, ISG, John Sisk, Kier, Kohn Pedersen Fox, Laing O’Rourke, Land Securities, Lend Lease, MACE, M&G Real Estate, MAKE Architects, Malyan, Maris Interiors, McLaren Construction, McLaughlin & Harvey, MEPC, Midas Construction, MITIE Interiors, Modus Group, Morgan Lovell, Morgan Sindall, Morris & Spottiswood, Multiplex, NG Bailey, Norr Architects, Overbury, Paragon Interiors, Parkeray, Patton Fit-out, Peel, PLP Architecture, Portview, Railston, RG Carter, Robertson Construction, Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), Russells Construction, Scott Brownrigg, Seddon Group, Sharkey, Sheppard Robson, Simons Construction, SimpsonHaugh & Partners, Simpson (York), Skanska, SOM, Speller Metcalfe, Stanhope, St. Modwen, Stride Treglown, Structuretone, Styles & Wood, Swanke Hayden Connell, U&I, Urban & Civic, Vinci, Wates Interiors, Willmott Dixon, Woods Bagot,
Construction Market for Commercial Offices
- Overall Construction Output – Total Construction Output to 2023; Construction Output by Sector
- Value of Construction Output and New Orders in the Commercial Office Sector.
- Market Prospects for Commercial Office Construction Output.
- Overview of the UK Commercial Office Planning & Development Pipeline – Commercial Office Construction Contracts; Office Planning Pipeline to 2023.
- London Office Construction Market and Pipeline: Central London Office Market – Contracts Awarded; Contracts in the Pipeline; Central London Office Development Pipeline.
- London Office Market – Emerging Areas of Development.
- Regional office Construction Market and Pipeline: Regional Office Contracts Awarded in 2018; Regional Office Market – Contracts in the Pipeline; Regional Office Development Pipeline.
The Commercial Office Market in the UK
- Performance of the Commercial Office Sector: Take-up; Office Occupiers by End-use Sector; Supply; Rental Growth.
- Regional Office Markets: Birmingham; Bristol; Cardiff; Edinburgh; Glasgow; Leeds; Liverpool; Manchester; Newcastle; Sheffield
- London Office Market: City; West End; Docklands
- Commercial Offices – Tall Buildings Market in the UK
- Outlook for the Commercial Office Market
Factors Affecting the Commercial Office Market
- Planning Issues: National Planning Policy; Local Enterprise Partnerships;
- Planning Issues in London: The London Plan – Office Development/High Rise Development; London Mayoral Infrastructure Levy
- Conversion of Offices to other Uses
- Business Rates
- Sustainability and Green Offices: Carbon Emissions from Office Buildings; Key Environmental Legislation Affecting Offices ; BREEAM for Office Development
- Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) in the Commercial Office Market
- Impact of Transport Projects on the Commercial Office Market: Transport Developments in London; Transport Developments across the Regions.