The 10th edition of the ‘Wood and Laminate Floorcoverings Market Report – UK 2019-2023’ has been published by AMA Research. The report provides a detailed review of key sectors of the market Laminates, Solid/Engineered Wood and Accessories.
This unique report provides both a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the UK market overall and by major product group. It focuses on market size and future prospects, by value, key trends and drivers, leading suppliers, distribution structures, end use sectors etc.
Key issues and products included in the report definition are:
- Brief overview of the total floorcoverings market – including carpet, vinyl, wood, ceramics and other floorcoverings.
- Detailed assessment of the wood flooring market – including solid & engineered woods, laminates and flooring accessories etc – total UK market size, trends, product mix, factors influencing growth, future prospects.
- Application mix – domestic and contract market trends, growth sectors, future prospects.
- Key suppliers & distribution mix – analysis of key suppliers with a review of market share and changes in the distribution mix.
Areas of particular interest
- Review of market performance 2014-2018 – influences including the housing market, private commercial construction, consumer and business spending and investment, décor trends, etc.
- Outlook for 2019 and forecasts to 2023 – uncertainty surrounding UK economic performance, influence of increasing import prices, impact of Brexit process.
- Product sector review – analysis of market performance for laminates, solid & engineered woods and accessories 2014-218 and outlook for 2019,
- Review of market structure and distribution channels – key suppliers, domestic & contract channels.Key areas covered in the report
Some Companies Included:
FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification), Victoria plc, Mohawk Industries, Beaulieu International Group, AIREA, B&Q, Homebase, Carpetright, Pinterest, Egger, Screwfix, Wesfarmers, Wickes Building Supplies, Travis Perkins plc, Premier Inn, Travelodge, the Accor Group, Headlam Group, SIG plc, Furlong Investments, Saint Gobain Building Distribution, Grafton Group, John Lewis, Debenhams, House of Fraser Group, sport direct, Marks & Spencer, Next, Laura Ashley, Wilkinson, B & M Retail.
Overview of Total Floorcoverings Market
- Overview of UK floorcoverings market – market size from 2014-18, outlook for 2019 and forecasts to 2023 for all products, sales mix for carpets, vinyl, wood, ceramic tiles and others, key factors influencing trends, future prospects and so on.
- Review of changing product mix – growth/declining sectors, shares by product in 2005 and 2018.
- Key influences on the flooring market, factors affecting future performance.
- Future prospects for the contract and domestic sectors.
Review of Wood Floorcoverings Market
- Comprehensive review of wood floorcoverings market – market size 2014-2018, outlook for 2019, key trends within sectors, product mix, comparison with other floorcoverings, future prospects to 2023.
- Product sectors – solid wood, engineered wood and laminates – sector shares in 2018-19, recent changes in mix, forecasts by product from 2019-23.
- Key characteristics of market – pricing, availability, product awareness and target consumers, accessories, changing design trends and so on.
- Role of international trade – changes in import sources – trends from 2014-2018.
- Domestic and contract end-use sectors for total wood floorcoverings market – share by value, share by DIY/new housing/professional installations, Key end-use sectors (share by Commercial, Retail, Leisure and so on).
- Outlook for the overall industry, prospects for wood in relation to other floorcoverings, estimates for 2019 and longer-term forecasts up to 2023, with key factors influencing market recovery, the UK economy, housebuilding, non-residential construction and so on, together with the continuing uncertainty surrounding the Brexit negotiations.
Distribution and Suppliers – Supply Chain Insight
Review of leading suppliers in the wood floorcoverings market, including manufacturers, importers, distributors and wholesalers.
- Analysis of market share of leading suppliers in UK market – company information, market positioning, changes to supply structure, level/source of imports and so on.
- Structure of distribution channels for supply of wood flooring – domestic and contract supply.
- Distribution shares for major channels – DIY Multiples, Floorcovering Multiples, independents, Online, Builders
- Merchants, Department/Variety Stores, Catalogue etc – review of major organisations within each channel, changes in distribution in recent years.