- The roof coverings market is estimated to be worth over £1.3bn at manufacturers’ selling prices (MSP).
- Overall, the roofing market increased by 7% in 2016, though growth in 2017 has been lower.
- The largest product sectors are metal roofing systems and concrete roof tiles, which accounted for respectively 29% and 21% of the total market by value in 2016.
- In terms of distribution, the leading channel is roofing merchants and specialist distributors with a share of 50-55%, though this varies by product type.
- Forecasts for the UK roofing market are modest with growth of just 2% expected over the next 4 years.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Roofing Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.