- Underpinned by the strength of the electricity sector, utilities construction output has increased by almost 75% since 2013.
- Capital investment by the water & sewerage companies during AMP6 is forecast to be around £44bn in the five year plan to 2020.
- The changing nature of fuels used for electricity generation will continue to underpin UK electricity output into the medium-term.
- Focus of the gas sector has been investment in distribution networks.
- The telecoms sector has concentrated on improving connectivity and roll out of superfast broadband.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Utilities Construction Market Report – UK 2019-2023‘ available for purchase now.