Internet Plumbing and Heating Market Report - UK 2018-2022
Published: 30/05/2018 / Number of Pages: 68 / Price: £895.00
Introduction and Overview
The 4th Edition of the 'Internet Plumbing & Heating Market Report - UK 2018-2022' incorporates original input and primary research, it represents an up-to-date and informed report on the market for bathroom, shower, wetroom and heating products that are sold on transactional websites by specialist online plumbing retailers and multi-channel non-specialists.
Key content covered:
- UK Internet Plumbing & Heating Market - size, recent trends and key influences, forecasts and future trends up to 2022.
- Analysis by market sector - Bathroom, Shower, Wetroom and Heating Products - size, product mix, trends and influences.
- Market structure - review of market structure, split between online specialists and non-specialists, market shares of major specialist players, company profiles, anticipated future developments.
- Operational characteristics - analysis of leading online specialist websites, features, key trends and influences.
Key areas of particular interest include:
- Market development in 2013-18 - the internet is the fastest growing channel of the overall plumbing and heating market driven by convenience and the widespread availability of 4G mobile internet technology and installation of superfast broadband in UK homes.
- Key product mix trends - bathroom, shower, wetroom and heating products.
- Purchasing trends - more trade and consumer users are shopping 'on the go' via smartphone or tablet.
- Supply and distribution - structures and shares. Specialist plumbing retailers and multi-channel non-specialists.
- Market prospects to 2022 - including review of key market drivers.
- Detailed market data and insight on the internet plumbing and heating market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
Aquaplus Distribution, Bathroom City, Bathroom Express, Bathroom Supplies Online, Bathroom Takeaway Limited, Bathrooms.com, Better Bathrooms, Bumford Heating Ltd, Choice Bathroom Shop, Doble Bathrooms Direct, Heat & Plumb, Inspired Heating Solutions, Limitless Digital Group, Luxury For Less Ltd, My-Bathrooms.co.uk, National Shower Spares, PlumbNation Ltd, PlumbWorld.co.uk Ltd, QS Supplies Ltd, Sanctuary Bathrooms Leeds Ltd, SMR Bathrooms, Splash Direct, Tapstore, Victoria Plum Ltd, Victorian Plumbing, Warmrooms.
- UK internet plumbing and heating market - market definition, overview of market size by value, recent and current situation 2013-2017 with estimates for 2018, recent market performance, factors underpinning demand and value growth.
- Internet trends - overall UK e-retail market, mobile internet access, mobile devices, typical purchaser profile by age and sex, trends in online household goods purchases etc.
- Shopping trends - increasing online research, higher expectations of shorter delivery times and costs, growth of 'click and collect' and alternative pick-up locations, importance of social networking, influence of customer reviews and blogs, easier identification of lowest prices, use of voucher codes, payment flexibility, importance of marketplace websites, and growth in digital advertising - particularly mobile.
- Market prospects - market size, key growth areas, market developments and forecast trends up to 2022.
- Overall product mix - by value and share - baths and sanitaryware; shower controls and bathroom taps; bathroom furniture and accessories; shower enclosures, screens and trays; wetroom products; towel warmers & decorative radiators; heating products.
- Key design trends by product sector - sustainability and the environment, affordable design, technological improvements including digital controls, minimalist and contemporary styles, space saving designs for small UK bathrooms, safety features, inclusive design etc.
- Use of own label - advantages and disadvantages, trends, positioning, influences.
- Branded product - growing number of products and brands offered.
Supply and Distribution
- Market shares of leading specialist online plumbing retailers.
- Review and analysis of leading online plumbing retailers, including company profile, turnover, key brands etc. Also, summary of significant other online plumbing retailers.
- Overview of non-specialists - including merchant/trade channel, DIY multiples and other retail suppliers - store-based retailers, mail-order catalogues, grocery multiples, non-specialist marketplace retailers (such as Amazon) and plumbing manufacturers.
- Changes in structure of internet channel - specialist online retailers, multi-channel non-specialists, key trends.
The internet is the fastest growing channel of the overall UK plumbing and heating products market and has experienced strong growth levels in the last 5-7 years. Despite the current uncertain economic climate with the UK's departure from the EU, the UK internet plumbing market has continued to grow. With lower prices and added convenience, internet retailers have been able to capitalise on changing consumer cross-channel shopping habits with a notable shift towards online purchases.
It is estimated in 2017 that the vast majority of plumbing products sold on the internet are through specialist online plumbing retailers. Over half of these specialists are pure-play retailers that do not have a showroom and only trade online.
More consumers are purchasing goods and services over the internet. The UK has the highest rate of online purchasing in Europe. With online purchases, there is now a greater expectation of product delivery leads times and cost of delivery. Next day and same day delivery is a key trend. 'Click and collect' services are also increasingly popular, implying that whilst ordering online is important to some users, many prefer to collect the product in person.
The future performance of the internet plumbing market is likely to be driven by overall trends in online shopping, technological improvements and levels of consumer confidence and expenditure. However, it is likely that the pace of growth will start to slow as this market matures.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 7
- 1.1 BACKGROUND 7
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 7
- 2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS 9
- 2.1 SUMMARY 9
- 2.2 KEY TRENDS 10
- 2.3 MARKET PROSPECTS 11
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 13
- 3.1 GDP 13
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 14
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 15
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 16
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 16
- 3.6 STERLING 17
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 18
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 18
- 4. UK MARKET FOR INTERNET PLUMBING PRODUCTS 19
- 4.1 DEFINITION 19
- 4.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 20
- 4.2.1 Market Size & Trends 2013-2022 20
- 4.3 INTERNET MARKET TRENDS AND INFLUENCES 21
- 4.3.1 E-retail Market 21
- 4.3.2 Internet Access (Fixed, Mobile, Superfast Broadband) 23
- 4.3.3 Mobile Internet Access (Smartphone, Tablet, Other) 25
- 4.3.4 Online Research (User Reviews, Blogs, Social Networks, Price Comparison) 27
- 4.3.5 Online Purchaser Profile 30
- 4.4 DIGITAL ADVERTISING 32
- 5. PRODUCTS 34
- 5.1 OVERALL PRODUCT MIX 34
- 5.2 PRODUCT SECTORS 35
- 5.2.1 Baths and Sanitaryware 35
- 5.2.2 Shower Controls and Bathroom/Kitchen Taps & Mixers 37
- 5.2.3 Shower Enclosures, Screens, Trays and Wetroom Products 40
- 5.2.4 Bathroom Furniture and Accessories 42
- 5.2.5 Towel Warmers and Decorative Radiators 45
- 5.2.6 Heating Products 47
- 5.3 USE OF OWN LABEL 48
- 5.4 BRANDED PRODUCT 49
- 6. SUPPLIERS 50
- 6.1 INTERNET DISTRIBUTION OVERVIEW 50
- 6.1.1 Channel Structure 50
- 6.1.2 Channel Share 52
- 6.2 SPECIALIST ONLINE PLUMBING RETAILERS 52
- 6.2.1 Market Shares 53
- 6.2.2 Key Suppliers 53
- 6.2.3 Other Suppliers 55
- 6.3 NON-SPECIALISTS 57
- 6.3.1 Channel Shares 57
- 6.3.2 Merchants 58
- 6.3.3 Distributors 59
- 6.3.4 Home Improvement/DIY Multiples 59
- 6.3.5 Marketplace Websites 60
- 6.3.6 Other Retail 60
- 7. OPERATIONAL CHARACTERISTICS 62
- 7.1 FUNCTIONALITY 62
- 7.2 PRICING 63
- 7.3 SHOWROOM FACILITY 64
- 7.4 LOGISTICS AND RETURNS 65
- 7.5 MARKETING AND PROMOTION 66
- 7.6 CUSTOMER SUPPORT 68
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK INTERNET PLUMBING MARKET BY VALUE AND FORECASTS (£M DSP) 2013-2022 9
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2018 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 13
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2022 15
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2022 16
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2014-2020 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 17
- TABLE 6: UK INTERNET PLUMBING MARKET BY VALUE (£M DSP) 2013-2022 20
- CHART 7: UK E-RETAIL MARKET - % SHARE OF TOTAL RETAIL SALES 2011 - 2018 22
- CHART 8: UK E-COMMERCE SALES OVER A WEBSITE 2011 - 2016 23
- CHART 9: GB HOUSEHOLDS WITH INTERNET ACCESS 2007 - 2017 24
- CHART 10: GB ADULTS ACCESSING THE INTERNET WITH A SMARTPHONE 2011 - 2017 25
- CHART 11: GB ADULTS ACCESSING THE INTERNET 'ON THE GO' BY TYPE OF MOBILE DEVICE 2017 26
- CHART 12: USE OF INFORMATION FROM WEBSITES BEFORE PURCHASE - BY AGE CATEGORY 27
- CHART 13: USE OF REVIEWS FROM OTHER BUYERS BEFORE PURCHASE - BY AGE CATEGORY 28
- CHART 14: SOCIAL NETWORKING USER PROFILE BY AGE CATEGORY 2017 29
- CHART 15: USE OF PRICE COMPARISON WEBSITES BEFORE PURCHASE - BY AGE CATEGORY 30
- CHART 16: ONLINE PURCHASER OF HOUSEHOLD GOODS BY AGE CATEGORY 2017 31
- CHART 17: DIGITAL ADVERTISING - % MIX BY SECTOR H1-2017 - PAID FOR SEARCHES, DISPLAY ADVERTISING, PAID FOR CLASSIFIEDS, OTHER 32
- CHART 18: INTERNET PLUMBING PRODUCTS % PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2017 34
- TABLE 19: INTERNET PLUMBING MARKET SIZE BY PRODUCT CATEGORY 2017 (£M DSP) 35
- CHART 20: UK INTERNET PLUMBING MARKET - % OWN LABEL / BRANDED PRODUCT SHARE BY VALUE 2017 48
- TABLE 21: KEY ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF OWN-LABEL PRODUCTS 49
- CHART 22: INTERNET DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL STRUCTURE FOR PLUMBING PRODUCTS - NON-SPECIALISTS/SPECIALISTS 51
- CHART 23: UK INTERNET PLUMBING MARKET - % CHANNEL SHARE BY VALUE 2017 - SPECIALISTS/NON-SPECIALISTS 52
- TABLE 24: SPECIALIST ONLINE PLUMBING RETAILERS - % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2017 53
- TABLE 25: NON-SPECIALISTS - % CHANNEL SHARE BY VALUE 2017 57
- CHART 26: SPECIALIST ONLINE PLUMBING RETAILERS WITH SHOWROOM FACILITY - % SHARE BY VOLUME 2017 64
The 'Internet Plumbing and Heating Market Report - UK 2018-2022' costs £895+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.