- The Home Automation market is currently considered to be in the initial growth stage, with market value forecast to increase by 55% between 2017 and 2021.
- Smart heating controls and linked devices account for 36% of the market. This has increased significantly in recent years.
- The forecast growth of “the Internet of Things” -IoT- (‘smart’ household gadgets) is likely to result in increased connectivity within home networks.
- The evolution of voice control devices is likely to drive more interest in home automation.
- The market is highly fragmented with 10 suppliers accounting for around 50% of the market.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Home Automation Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.