- The market for mechanical and electrical (M&E) contracting has grown by almost 24% since 2012.
- The largest sectors for M&E contracting work is offices, with an estimated 25% of the market by value.
- London and the South East of England had the largest proportion of M&E contracting activity in 2016, accounting for 29% of the total.
- Electrical work accounts for 50% of all the work undertaken by M&E contractors.
- There are essentially four tiers of the market, with around 68% of revenue generated by smaller local and regional contractors with a turnover of up to £20m, and just 8% by the leading 5 organisations.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Mechanical & Electrical Contractors Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.