- Water based paints continue to increase share and solvent-based paints now account for less than one fifth of the retail sector.
- UK market for paint mix by end use sector indicates a reduced share taken by the home improvement multiples of over 50%.
- The importance of countries such as Germany and the Netherlands continues as these countries accounting for over 40% of imports.
- Paint continues to dominate the sector accounting for almost two thirds of the market.
- Garden applications dominates the end-use application mix for woodcare products.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Paint, Wallcoverings and Woodcare Market Report – UK 2018-2022‘ available for purchase now.