Key areas of insight include:
- Analysis of market performance in 2013-2018 – utilities output as part of the wider infrastructure market. Forecasts of market performance to 2022.
- Factors affecting the market and analysis of key market characteristics – energy legislation & European Directives, growing influence of the electricity sector, changes to regulatory framework in water sector, influence of 4G/5G networks and developments in super-fast broadband in telecoms sector, etc.
- Utilities Construction Procurement – European Purchasing Directives and the Utilities sector, contract thresholds, changes to purchasing procedures 2015-18.
- Key engineering and construction contractors operating in the utilities.
- Review of major contract awards in the utilities sector during 2017-18.
- Detailed market data and insight on the utilities construction market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:
National Grid, Scottish Power Transmission, Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission Limited, Northern Ireland Electricity, Northern PowerGrid, UK Power Networks, Electricity North West, Portsmouth Water, South East Water, South Staffs Water, Sutton & East Surrey Water, Northern Gas Networks, Wales and West Utilities, BT, Virgin Media, Cadent, GTC Pipelines, Independent Galliford Try, Morrison Construction, George Leslie, Hitachi Zosen Inova, J Murphy and Sons, JN Bentley, Mott MacDonald, Kier, Laing O’Rourke, Bouygues, Morgan Sindall, ABB, Morrison Utility Services, NMCN, Roadbridge, Skanska UK, Stantec, VINCI Construction UK, Taylor Woodrow, Bachy.
- The Utilities Construction Market – overview of UK construction market to 2022; mix by sector 2017-18; key influencing factors; trends.
- Infrastructure Output in Great Britain – new work, RMI, key infrastructure sectors, National Infrastructure Plan.
- Government Construction/Infrastructure Pipeline to 2021 – investment breakdown; utilities infrastructure projects.
- Utilities Construction Output – output by sector; sub-sector mix; output and new orders quarterly analysis..
UK Utilities Capital Investment and Output
- Water Industry – industry structure in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland; industry size, construction output in Water Sector; capital investment, asset management plans (AMP), level of investment.
- Water Industry – Asset Management Plans (AMP) England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Leading water supply companies.
- Electricity Industry – industry structure in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, construction output in electricity sector; future investment.
- Electricity companies – recent corporate activity; transmission and distribution; Distribution Network Operators and large generation organizations.
- Gas Industry – industry structure in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, industry size, construction output in gas, communications and air Sector, major gas companies operating in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Telecoms Industry – industry structure, telecoms industry revenues, capital expenditure and infrastructure plans; Government funding programmes..
Utilities Procurement and Leading Contractors
- Procurement of utilities works – European Procurement Directives, exemptions for utilities companies, current contract thresholds and those applicable to utilities sector.
- Recent contract awards in utilities sector – includes recent AMP 6/AMP 7 contract awards in water sector as well as some major electricity contracts recently awarded.
- Structure of utilities contracting sector – analysis by employee numbers for water, electricity and communications sectors, recent corporate activities.
- Leading contractors in utilities sectors – market share in the utilities sector, company profiles, area of activity, recent utilities projects, contracts awarded, major clients in utilities sector.