- The UK’s tool distribution market is forecast to grow by 2% in 2017.
- The tools market is relatively evenly split between power and hand tools, with power tools accounting for an estimated 50-55% share of the market and hand tools for around 45-50% share.
- The availability of online price comparisons has led to a shift towards obtaining tools from lower cost sources. This has increased the level of price competition amongst retailers, merchants and wholesalers.
- Driving, drilling & breaking is the largest product group accounting for an estimated 41% share, with cutting & grinding and carpentry & woodworking having the next largest shares.
- Performance in the hand tools sector, which accounts for just under 30% of the garden tools market, has been resilient in recent years.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research’s ‘Tool Distribution Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis‘ available for purchase now.