Bricks, Block and Precast Concrete Products – 5 Key Facts
- Market growth of 13% between 2015 and 2019 likely to reversed as Covid-19 disruptions indicate 11% decline in 2020.
- Precast concrete and cast stone products account for largest share of the market with growth underpinned by move to more offsite and modular construction methods.
- The value of brick imports increased by 38% in 2018 with Belgium and the Netherlands key source countries.
- Demand for concrete blocks is influenced by the health of the housebuilding sector with demand slowing in H2 2019 as completions levels dropped.
- Short-term decline in 2020 will be followed by overall growth of 18% to 2024 when the market is forecast to be around £2.3bn.