Contract Floorcoverings Market Report - UK 2018-2022
Published: 15/02/2018 / Number of Pages: 69 / Price: £845.00
Introduction and Overview
The 7th edition of the 'Contract Floorcoverings Market Report - UK 2018-2022' incorporates original research and is a comprehensive and up-to-date review of this changing market and covers the contract markets for carpet, vinyl, wood & laminate, floor tiles and other materials.
Key content covered in the report:
- Detailed assessment of the market - market sizes, key market influences, product trends, sustainability, etc.
- Product mix - trends and key influencing factors within key sectors:
- Carpet - broadloom, carpet tiles, etc.
- Vinyl - sheeting and tiles.
- Wood - solid, engineered and laminates.
- Floor tiles - ceramic, porcelain, natural stone and others.
- Others - linoleum, rubber, cork, etc.
- Supply and distribution structure.
- Forecasts of market developments to 2022.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Recent market trends and impact of growth in the office and 'leisure' construction sectors contrasting with lower demand in sectors such as commercial offices and healthcare.
- Continued growth of modular floorcoverings, LVT, use of decorative designs & textures, random lay patterns to provide increased design opportunities.
- Short term prospects and market drivers in 2018-19 and medium-term forecasts to 2022.
- Review of key suppliers and end-use sectors.
Some of the companies included:
AIREA plc, Altro, Amtico, Armatile, Atkinson & Kirby, Axminster Carpets, Balta Group, Balterio, Bauwerk Boen AG, Beaulieu International Group, Brintons Carpets, British Ceramic Tile (BCT), Burlington Slate, Cavalier Carpets, Cerrig Granite and Slate, Desso UK, Edel Telenzo, Ege Carpets, Egger UK, Finsa UK, Forbo Floors, Gerflor, Greenwood & Coope, Grespania UK Ltd, Interface Europe, IVC Group, Johnson Tiles, Junckers, Kährs, Karndean International, Kronospan, Lapicida, Mandarin Slate Ltd, Marlborough Tiles, Milliken Industrials, Original Style, Pilkington's Manufacturing, Polyflor, Porcelanosa Group, RAK Ceramics, Regency Carpet Manufacturing, Stonell, Tarkett, The Wilton Carpet Factory, Ulster Carpet Mills, Unilin Distribution, Victoria Carpets, Villeroy and Boch, Welsh Slate, Westco Group, Whitestone Weavers.
Contract Floorcoverings Market
- Review of key factors influencing contract floorcoverings market - construction activity, refurbishment, development of commercial office building, product issues, key application sectors, etc.
- Future prospects - forecast 2018-2022, key factors influencing future prospects, key areas of growth/decline.
- Overall product mix - share by product in contract sector 2017 - carpets, vinyls, LVT, wood/laminates, floor tiles, resins, others (linoleum, rubber, cork).
- Detailed review of key application areas - floorcovering sales mix by sector - commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, health & education etc. - share by sector.
- Forecasts 2018-2022 - assessment of key market factors.
- Contract market - market size by value and trends 2013-17. Market forecasts up to 2022, key factors influencing trends.
- Review of key factors influencing market, mix taken by tiles.
- Review of supply structure - leading suppliers in 2016/17, positioning etc.
- Contract market - market size by value and trends 2013-17 review of key factors influencing the market. Market forecasts up to 2022, review of key factors influencing trends.
- Product mix - sheeting, tiles - contract market size, trends. Growth of LVT, increasing share within the vinyl sector.
- Review of key application areas, specification criteria, key products, benefits within sectors.o Review of supply structure - leading suppliers, positioning etc.
Wood, Laminate, Floor Tiles & Other
- For each of laminates, engineered and solid wood; Floor Tiles; Linoleum, rubber & cork.
- Contract market - market size by value and trends 2013-17 and review of key influencing factors, market characteristics.
- Market forecasts up to 2022, review of key factors influencing trends.
- Review of key application areas, specification criteria, key products, benefits within sectors.
- Review of supply structure - leading suppliers, positioning etc.
Key End Use Sectors
- Key End-Use Sectors for Contract Floorcoverings - changes to mix in recent years.
- Review of Key Sectors - health, education, offices, retail, entertainment, etc, levels of construction output and key drivers.
The contract floorcoverings market was relatively static in the 2012-13 period, but there was steady growth in the following years, with particularly strong growth of 4% in 2015. After strong growth in 2015, the outcome in 2016 and 2017 was disappointing for the industry, but not perhaps unexpected given the Brexit vote, increasing inflation towards the end of the period, adverse currency movements affecting imports and relatively low wage increases. The contract sector currently accounts for around half of the total floorcoverings market.
The contract floorcovering market has changed significantly over the last decade, as architects, interior designers, contractors and so on have adapted to innovations in product design and technology introduced by manufacturers, by incorporating the ensuing wider range of products in their specifications. One of the main changes has been the move to a more integrated use of different types of flooring materials within a single installation, possibly combining carpeting with a vinyl product, although the use of different types of vinyl has also increased, especially LVT.
Individual product trends include, modular floorcoverings becoming more prominent in recent years and, although initially associated with carpet tiles and laminates, the trend has continued and has developed to include vinyl tiles, particularly luxury vinyl tiles, and linoleum tiles. Furthermore, contract vinyl has been at the forefront of product innovation, with the development of a wide range of products aimed at specific market sectors, including the increased specification of slip resistance and safety flooring in key end-use sectors, such as health, education and entertainment and leisure.
Going forward, modest growth rates look set to continue in the short term, with the market recovering slightly towards the end of the forecasting period. Growth in the contract sector is expected to be less than in the domestic sector, although prospects for the domestic sector also remain subdued. The contract sector is expected to be adversely affected by the lack of growth in the overall construction sector in 2018 and slow growth in the following, principally driven by the economic uncertainty relating to the Brexit negotiations.
List of Report Contents
- Contents Listing
- 1. INTRODUCTION 7
- 1.1 INTRODUCTION 7
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION 7
- 2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS 9
- 2.1 SUMMARY 9
- 2.2 FUTURE PROSPECTS 10
- 3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 13
- 3.1 GDP 13
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES 14
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT 15
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION 16
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION 16
- 3.6 STERLING 17
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE 17
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS 18
- 4. OVERVIEW OF THE UK FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET 19
- 4.1 DEFINITIONS 19
- 4.2 MARKET SIZE & TRENDS 19
- 4.2.1 Current Situation 20
- 4.2.2 Market Prospects 21
- 4.3 FLOORCOVERINGS PRODUCT MIX 22
- 5. CONTRACT FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET 23
- 5.1 DEFINITION 23
- 5.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 23
- 5.2.1 Total Floorcoverings Market 23
- 5.2.2 Contract Floorcoverings Market 25
- 5.2.3 Current Situation 26
- 5.2.4 Future Prospects 27
- 5.3 MARKET CHARACTERISTICS AND KEY MARKET INFLUENCES 28
- 5.3.1 Application and Specification Issues 28
- 5.3.2 The UK Non-Residential Construction Market 29
- 5.3.3 Environmental and Legislative Issues 31
- 6. CONTRACT FLOORCOVERINGS PRODUCT MIX 32
- 6.1 CONTRACT FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET PRODUCT MIX 32
- 6.2 CARPETS 33
- 6.2.1 Definition 33
- 6.2.2 Market Development 33
- 6.2.3 Future Prospects 36
- 6.2.4 Leading Suppliers 36
- 6.3 VINYL 40
- 6.3.1 Definition 40
- 6.3.2 Market Development 40
- 6.3.3 Future Prospects 41
- 6.3.4 Contract Vinyl Product Mix 42
- 6.3.5 Leading Suppliers 43
- 6.4 WOOD AND LAMINATE FLOORING 45
- 6.4.1 Definition 45
- 6.4.2 Market Development 45
- 6.4.3 Future Prospects 47
- 6.4.4 Leading Suppliers 47
- 6.5 CONTRACT FLOOR TILES 52
- 6.5.1 Market Development 52
- 6.5.2 Product Mix 53
- 6.5.3 Market Characteristics and Applications 54
- 6.5.4 Leading Suppliers 55
- 6.6 OTHER FLOORCOVERINGS 58
- 6.6.1 Linoleum 58
- 6.6.2 Rubber 58
- 6.6.3 Cork 59
- 7. END-USE MARKETS 60
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION 60
- 7.2 END-USE APPLICATION MIX 60
- 7.3 COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS/OFFICES 61
- 7.3.1 Contractors Output 61
- 7.4 ENTERTAINMENT & LEISURE 62
- 7.4.1 Contractors Output 62
- 7.5 EDUCATION 64
- 7.5.1 Education Construction Output 64
- 7.6 RETAIL 64
- 7.6.1 Construction Output in the Retail Sector 65
- 7.6.2 Floorcoverings in the Retail Sector 65
- 7.7 HEALTHCARE 66
- 7.7.1 Construction Output in the Healthcare Sector 66
- 7.7.2 Floorcoverings in the Healthcare Sector 67
- 7.8 INDUSTRIAL 68
- 7.9 OTHERS 69
- 7.9.1 Transport 69
- 7.9.2 Public Sector - Ministry of Defence, Home Office etc 69
- Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK CONTRACT FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET AND FORECASTS 2013 - 2022 - BY VALUE (£M MSP) 9
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2017 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS 13
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2022 15
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2022 16
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2014-2020 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES 17
- CHART 6: UK MARKET FOR FLOORCOVERINGS 2013-2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP) 19
- CHART 7: UK FLOORCOVERINGS PRODUCT MIX 2017 - % BY VALUE 22
- CHART 8: UK FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET END-USE APPLICATION MIX (DOMESTIC VERSUS CONTRACT) 2017 - % BY VALUE 24
- TABLE 9: UK FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET - SECTOR MIX (DOMESTIC AND CONTRACT) 2007, 2011 AND 2017 - BY VALUE (£M MSP) AND % SHARE 24
- CHART 10: UK CONTRACT FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET AND FORECASTS 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£M MSP) 25
- CHART 11: NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GB) NEW WORK AND RMI ANALYSIS 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 29
- CHART 12: UK CONTRACT FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET PRODUCT MIX - CARPET, VINYL, WOOD, TILES, OTHERS - 2017 % BY VALUE 32
- TABLE 13: UK MARKET FOR CONTRACT FLOORCOVERINGS PRODUCT MIX 2017 - BY VALUE (£M) AND SHARE (%) 33
- CHART 14: UK CONTRACT CARPET MARKET AND FORECASTS 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP) 34
- CHART 15: CONTRACT SECTOR SHARE OF TOTAL CARPET MARKET 2005 - 2017 - % BY VALUE 35
- TABLE 16: LEADING SUPPLIERS TO THE UK CONTRACT CARPET MARKET 2017 37
- TABLE 17: UK MARKET FOR CONTRACT VINYL FLOORCOVERINGS 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP) 40
- CHART 18: UK MARKET FOR CONTRACT VINYL PRODUCT MIX - SHEETING AND TILES - 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017 - % BY VALUE 42
- CHART 19: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS 2013-2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP) 46
- CHART 20: WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS DISTRIBUTION - COMMERCIAL/CONTRACT MARKET 48
- TABLE 21: LEADING SUPPLIERS TO THE TOTAL UK WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET 2017 49
- TABLE 22: UK CONTRACT FLOOR TILES 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP) 52
- CHART 23: UK CONTRACT FLOOR TILES MARKET PRODUCT MIX - CERAMIC/PORCELAIN, NATURAL STONE - 2017 % BY VALUE 54
- TABLE 24: USE OF FLOOR TILES IN THE CONTRACT MARKET 54
- CHART 25: END-USE APPLICATION MIX FOR CONTRACT FLOORCOVERINGS - OFFICES, RETAIL, LEISURE, EDUCATION, HEALTH, INDUSTRIAL - 2017 - % BY VALUE 60
- CHART 26: NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT ANALYSIS BY SECTOR 2016 AND H1 2017 - % BY VALUE 61
- TABLE 27: CONTRACTORS NEW WORK OUTPUT (GB) FOR OFFICES (PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR) 2012-2017 - BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 62
- TABLE 28: CONTRACTORS NEW WORK OUTPUT (GB) FOR ENTERTAINMENT & LEISURE (PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR) 2012-2017 - BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 63
- TABLE 29: CONTRACTORS NEW WORK OUTPUT (GB) FOR EDUCATION (PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR) 2012-2017 - BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 64
- TABLE 30: CONTRACTORS NEW WORK OUTPUT (GB) FOR RETAIL (PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR) 2012-2017 - BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 65
- TABLE 31: CONTRACTORS NEW WORK OUTPUT (GB) FOR THE HEALTHCARE (PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR) 2012-2017 - BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 66
- TABLE 32: SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT OF DIFFERENT INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS 68
The 'Contract Floorcoverings Market Report - UK 2018-2022 Analysis' costs £845+VAT (if applicable) for a PDF version.
Other formats are available - click here for a information about available report formats. All AMA reports are sold with a single user licence as standard. For more information about AMA licences click here.