The 15th Edition of the ‘Floorcoverings Market Report – UK 2020-2024’ has been published by AMA Research. The report contains analysis of the key floorcoverings products, recent market trends and future prospects, along with supplier and distribution analysis. This report contains original input and a detailed assessment of the market and represents excellent value for money to companies in the industry or those considering entry.
Key issues analysed in the report
- Detailed assessment of the market – values, volumes, current & future trends.
- Review of key products and sector trends – carpets, wood/laminates, vinyl, ceramic & natural stone tiles, others.
- Review of supply and distribution structure – changes to supply structure key distribution channels, etc.
- Forecasts of market development up to 2024
Some of the companies listed within the report
Beaulieu International Group, Balta, W E Rawson, Heckmondwicke, Marlings, Burmatex, Birch Carpets, Ege Carpets, Forbo (Flotex) Milliken, Interface, Naked Flooring Company, Crucial Trading, The Natural Flooring Company, Interface, Tarkett, AIREA, Modulyss, Ulster Carpet Mills, Brockway Carpets, Victoria plc, Greenwood & Coope, Interfloor, Gaskell Mackay Carpets, Carpet Line Direct, Marlings, Penthouse Carpets, Bronte Carpets.
Areas of particular interest
- The development of the floorcoverings market in value terms and the key influences, including new construction activity, Covid-19 impact, housebuilding, as well as levels of consumer confidence and spending.
- Changes to the product mix – particularly within individual sub-sectors – and increasing price competitiveness.
- The influence of imports on key sectors and levels of import penetration.
- Continuing trend for use of wider range of floorcoverings products in both the contract and domestic sectors.
- Changes to the supply chain – for some sectors contrasting with the continued rise of larger-scale, international floorcoverings specialists and suppliers widening their range of products to provide greater market coverage.
- Changes to domestic distribution channels and the growing influence of online suppliers.
- Market prospects for 2020 and medium-term prospects to 2024.
Key areas covered in the report
MARKET OVERVIEW AND PROSPECTS
- Total Floorcoverings Market – analysis of size by value 2015-20, estimates of market volume share 2019-20, historical trends and market characteristics.
- Analysis by major product sectors – carpets, wood & laminate, vinyl, ceramic & natural stone floor tiles, linoleum etc – current shares and mix changes over the last decade, driving factors, future prospects.
- Review of key market influences – housebuilding, construction market sizes by sector 2015-20, growth of underfloor heating, etc.
- Overview of domestic and contract end-use sectors.
Future Prospects – forecasts of overall market performance in 2020-2024.
- Carpets – market size by value 2015-2020, volume mix in 2019-2020, product mix (tufted, woven, fibre bonded and others), factors influencing market performance, international trade in carpets. Key suppliers/market shares in the
- UK carpet market, future prospects to 2024.
- Wood & Laminates – market size by value 2015-2020, mix share between solid, engineered and laminates, changes to product mix in recent years, factors affecting recent market performance, domestic and contract end-use mix, key suppliers/market shares, distribution channels, market outlook to 2024.
- Vinyl – market size by value 2015-2020, share mix between vinyl tiles and sheeting, key trends influencing recent market behaviour, domestic/contract sector mix, recycling initiatives influencing market, profiles of key suppliers in the UK vinyl floorcovering market, future prospects to 2024.
- Ceramic & Natural Stone Floor Tiles – market size by value 2015-2020, growth of sector, factors continuing to influence demand for ceramic and stone floorcoverings in both domestic and contract end-use sectors, key suppliers, outlook for market to 2024.
- Others – linoleum, cork, rubber etc – market sizes 2019-2020, recent sector performance, key influencing factors, prospects to 2024.
- Domestic Distribution – definitions, market shares by major channel – Multiples, Independents, Specialists, DIY,
- Builders Merchants, Department Stores, Mail Order, Internet, etc – areas of growth and decline, major companies within each channel.
- Contract Distribution – mix by major channel – healthcare, education, commercial, retail, industrial, leisure, areas of growth and decline – future prospects.